Got a new phone but don't know how to migrate your linked 2FA (Google Authenticator)? Contacting Customer Care to unlink your old device might be a long and troublesome process. Fear not—Today, we will show you how to migrate your 2FA in a jiffy.
1.Migrating 2FA on iOS
Open the Google Authenticator app on your old device, tap '...' in the upper right corner, and select 'Export accounts' （Refer to the first image）
Tap 'Continue' （Refer to the second image）
Use the Google Authenticator app on your new device to scan the QR code and tap 'Next' （Refer to the third image）
There are two options:
1) Remove all exported accounts - Select this option if you want to stop using this device
2) Keep all exported accounts - Select this option if you want to continue using this device
Tap 'Done' to complete the migration of Google Authenticator app （Please refer to the fourth image）
2.Follow the same steps for Android devices
- Save your key on multiple devices to prevent losing it.
- Screenshot your key to prevent losing it.
- Store your 2FA QR code in a secure place to prevent it from being leaked or stolen.